Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh the time, where has it gone?

I must apologize for my absence, I have truly faltered in my commitment to all 4 of the avid fans who so diligently follow my crazy cool blog. The time is flying and I don't know where it is going or where it has gone. Speaking of which, have you ever stopped to think about the enigmatic idea of "time" and how it regulates what we do and "when" we do it? At any rate, I feel that there just isn't enough time in a single day to do the things which I find to be of greatest importance. Often I find myself saying, "alright David you have an hour to play with Miles and Faye and let your wife know you love her, and then its off to the books again". I find it hard to accept the idea that I am restricted in my personal life and academic life because of the silly notion of time. If the sun never set and the moon never came up and we were not biologically forced to sleep, I would not have this dilemma.

Anyway, school is going well. In fact, I recently took a pathology exam that I felt had destroyed my career as a professional diagnostician, but lo and behold, I knocked it out of the park and managed to guess correctly 100% of the time. So in other words, I have yet to fail out of medical school and I am loving the program. In health care management today we talked about the disappointment we will face as physicians as lawsuits rise(with a poor outlook on tort reform), reimbursements fall and how tediously difficult it will be to start a practice. And despite it all, I am still very excited to 'get to it'. This semester we start practicing on standardized patients, watch out! They probably don't pay them enough. Cool beans and peace out.

6 comments:

Cicely said...

I rather like the "silly notion of time." With out it I wouldn't know when to watch The Biggest Loser or American Idol. And I wouldn't know when it was night time- and night time is good because it's business time.

I love you.

Emily said...

Dave.. You are the best. Good job on your pathology test. Seriously, you are an amazing brother. I love you.

Cicely said...

Remember that I tagged you? You can wait until after your test to respond. But you better do it. You owe me for losing your ring.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Yey! An update... Lets see, Cicely is your first fan, Emily is your second.. I must be your third... so one more person to respond and EVERYONE interested will be updated on your status.

just kidding Dave... I know your busy, but I do appreciate reading your thoughts.

Cicely said...

And you will never have a fourth if you never blog again.

Grow up.

Aly Sharette said...

where are you? Why have you not posted in 8 months? It's not like you are in medical school and have two kids. come on!